- Virtual Visits
- Helpful Videos
- Patient Forms
- Rx & Referrals
- Open Houses
- After Hours & Emergencies
Summer Well Visits and Sports Physicals
It's that time of year again to schedule school, sports and camp physicals. Physicals are more than just a physical exam, they are a comprehensive evaluation of a patient with their primary care provider which includes the following:
1. Your child's personal history and any past diagnosis
2. Your child's family history and any new updated information
3. Screenings for conditions which can put your child at risk for significant injury or illness
4. A complete physical exam
5. Guidance on safety and dietary issues related to athletics and nutritional supplements
6. Vaccine updates as necessary
Many facilities now offer "sports physicals", including schools, urgent care clinics and pharmacies. It is vital to understand that not all of these offer a complete physical exam of your child performed by a professional with expertise in pediatric medicine. When a complete physical exam is performed by your primary care provider who is knowledgeable not only just in pediatric medicine, but also your own child's personal health history and your personal family history, the risk of significant health concerns being missed is greatly reduced.
Do not delay in scheduling your appointment as they do fill up quickly. Call 410-789-7337 to schedule your visit.