- Accepting New Patients
- Virtual Visits
- Helpful Videos
- Patient Forms
- Rx & Referrals
- CHADIS via YOSI
- Open Houses
- After Hours & Emergencies
Office visits with your provider are so important. When you are in the office, we want to make the most of your visit in an effort to obtain optimal health.
Getting the most from office visits:
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early and prepared. This is the only way that your provider can be certain that your child is maintaining the best health possible.
- Bring information with you. A list of medications, supplements, vitamins, major changes, questions, concerns etc.
- Make the most of the time that you have with your provider and be a good note taker. Important questions or concerns...write them down and bring them to the appointment so that your provider may address them.
- Take the answers with you. There is usually a lot of information exchanged at a visit, so take notes during your visit. This will be helpful when you need to refer to a subject matter discussed during your visit with your provider.
Sick Child Visits
We make every effort to schedule appointments for ill children on the day that you call us. Please call our office ahead of time so that we can minimize the time that you will spend waiting. If you have a medical emergency during office hours, we will do our best to see your child immediately or refer you to the appropriate facility.
If you would like us to see more than one child, please schedule both of them when you make your appointment. Without an appointment, we may not be able to see a sick sibling right away, and you may be asked to wait while the provider sees a scheduled patient who may be waiting.
Saturday Sick Appointments
We offer Saturday office visits from 9:00am-12:00pm (phones open at 8:00am) in the Arnold and Linthicum offices on a rotating schedule for sick patients. These office visits will require an appointment except in the case of an emergency.
If an emergency should arise, please call 911. Emergencies are considered to be those conditions that are life-threatening: loss of consciousness, severe bleeding, seizure, etc. In the case of minor emergencies (lacerations, cuts, mild fractures, sprains), please call our office first for instructions.
Well Child Visits and Recommended Appointment Schedule
To keep your children healthy, it is important to bring them in for regular checkups. We recommend that you call 4-6 weeks in advance so you may choose the date that best fits your needs.
Well child visits are extremely important, even when children are healthy. Your provider will evaluate your child's health including growth and development, information and education. Also, your child will receive the services deemed appropriate for the visit, such as:
- Physical Exam
- Vision & Hearing Screening
- Lead Screening
- Growth and Development Charting
- Developmental Screening
- Health & Safety Screening
- Nutrition & Diet Requirements
- Physical Fitness & Hygeine
- Sleep Habits
- Behavior & Discipline
Complex issues such as emotional, socialization, learning, or concerns about family issues may be addressed at the initial Well Visit however may need additional appointment time which may result in a follow up consultation with your provider.
We are happy to work with patients that elect to follow an alternative vaccine schedule. The additional scheduled office visits, that are outside of the routine well visit, a Provider will be present to assess the patient health for the date of service and to review and order selected vaccines. There will be a co-pay associated with these visits.
The list below is our recommended schedule for Well Child Visits.
|4-5 Day Newborn Exam||15 month|
|2 week Newborn Exam (PKU #2)||18 month|
|1 month Newborn Exam (HepB #2)||2 year & 2.5 year visit (2.5 year visit needs insurance approval)|
|2 month||3 year|
|4 month||4 year * (must be on or after actual 4 year Birthday)|
|6 month||5 year|
|9 month||6 year|
|1 year * (must be on or after actual 1 year Birthday)||7-20 years - every year. Shots may be given 12-20 years (HepB, Meningitis, TdaP, Gardasil)|
- For routine well visits and for new patient visits, we ask that you please arrive 15 minutes early to complete forms and register insurance information. Complete forms prior to arrival.
- For routine well visits, sports and school physicals, we recommend scheduling these in advance to ensure your choice of appointment dates and times. We cannot guarantee well visit appointments on short notice however we will do our best to accommodate last minute and special request visits. Most insurance companies require a full calendar year between well visit appointments for children over 3 years.
- If you have forms for school, sports or daycare, please give them to the staff upon arrival, so that we may complete them in a timely fashion.
- For consult appoinments - behavior, ADD/ADHD, medication consults, and other longer appointments, please try to schedule these with 2-4 weeks notice, as our physicians can only do a certain number of these lengthy visits each week.
- We are happy to schedule appointments for you to meet our doctors, either as a "Prenatal Visit", or as a new patient coming to "Meet the Doc". We try to schedule these visits at times when our doctors can spend a good amount of time with you, to introduce themselves and our practice to you, and to answer any questions you may have. Another option is to attend an Open House in either location scheduled monthly. Check the Practice News section of our website for details.
- Please remember to bring current idenitification and a copy of your current insurance card to every visit.
- Please make sure that your physicians name, phone and correct address appears on your insurance card.
Cancellations and No-Shows
If you need to cancel an appointment, please notify our office as soon as possible so that we may be able to accomodate potential sick patients who may need to be seen.
If a Well Visit appointment is missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged a $35 fee.
If a Consult appointment is missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, you may be charged a $50 fee.
If the appointment is a Sick, Follow-up, or Same day Visit, we require no less than 3 hours notice prior to the scheduled visit for cancellation. If you fail to follow our office policy for cancellation, you may be charged a $25 fee.
We have a strict NO-SHOW policy at this office:
In the event of 3 NO-SHOW visits, with no calls of cancellation 24 hours prior, you may be dismissed from the practice.
Please understand that we have created these policies to best be able to accomodate all of our patients, and to be able to provide same day service for any patient in need of an office visit. If we endure last minute cancellations and/or no shows, these are appointments that could provide care for other sick patients in need of our services.
Video, Audio Recording and Photography
Video, audio recording and photography (hereinafter referred to as "recording") in the exam room require the consent of both the patient and the provider and staff involved.
To assure safe provision of care, we do not allow recording during any procedure.
Arundel Pediatrics, P.A. reserves the right to request that a recording be discontinued at any time during the visit, at the discretion of the staff or providers involved.
Any permitted recording is not part of the medical record and the parent/guardian assumes sole responsibility in order to protect the privacy of the recording.
To insure the privacy of other patients, recording is only allowed in the exam room, once consent has been obtained from the provider and/or staff, with the door closed and not in common areas like the waiting rooms, hallways, the front desk or back office areas.