- Accepting New Patients
- Virtual Visits
- Helpful Videos
- Patient Forms
- Rx & Referrals
- CHADIS via YOSI
- Open Houses
- After Hours & Emergencies
ER, Urgent Care or the Pediatrician
When your child is sick, it can be a tough decision to decide where to take your child. Here are some tips to make it easier but if you are not sure, please call our office (410-789-7337) or call our after hours answering service (443-481-3082) to page an Arundel Pediatrics provider to further discuss the symptoms.
Following is a list of emergencies when an ER visit is definitely warranted:
- Infant under 3 months of age with a rectal temperature of 100.4 or more
- Bleeding that can not be stopped
- Head injury with loss of consciousness
- Injury that results in a deformity (broken bone pushing through the skin)
- Mental health crisis
- Severe asthma attacks
- Severe cuts
- Trouble breathing (heavy, fast breathing, gasping for air, unable to speak)
- Dehydration (dry lips and mouth, lethargy, confusion, decreased urination)
CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR CHILD HAS A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY
What should I do if my child is sick but it is not an emergency?
- Call our office to schedule a sick visit or a telemedicine visit.
- We are open on Saturday mornings at the Linthicum and Arnold locations but please call and schedule a sick visit, the phones open at 8:00am.
- Remember it is always best to see your primary care provider. We know your child’s past medical history, current medical problems, medications and allergies. Most children respond better to a familiar face and environment and it is easier for your regular provider to follow ongoing issues.
- Use urgent care centers if your pediatrician cannot see you with 1-2 days, if your child is acutely ill in the evenings and it cannot safely wait until office hours.
- Please make sure to follow up with your pediatrician after urgent care visits for head trauma, pneumonia, asthma/wheezing or ear infections so we can make sure you are recovering fully and to keep track of these issues in the medical chart. We are happy to see you within the next few days in person -not just a phone call - to make sure you have been well taken care of.
Arundel Pediatrics is always here for our patients!